Join Our Aquatics Team
Do you love being around water? Love working with people of all ages? Are you looking for an opportunity to express your creativity when developing lesson and aquatic fitness programs?
We want to hear from you! We are looking for outgoing, hardworking individuals that want to make a difference in their community by joining our Aquatics Team as a lifeguard and swim instructor. Our Aquatics staff are second to none and take the utmost pride in providing our swimmers with nothing but the best aquatics programs in Grey Bruce.
Staff have the opportunity to develop new skills and we can also help you work towards completing your certifications! We also offer competitive wages, benefits, retirement savings plan and a free YMCA membership (availability based on hours).
What we're looking for:
We’re looking for people who want more than just a job. The YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce is a registered charity that supports individuals and families in our community through a variety of services.
- Current Standard First Aid/CPR-C/AED Certification (St. John’s, Lifesaving Society, Red Cross, Canadian Ski Patrol)
- Current Bronze Cross Award
- Candidates who hold a current National Lifeguard Award (NL) will be given preference
- Current YMCA or Red Cross Assistant Swim Instructor Award or willing to obtain
- Willing to teach Aquatic Fitness classes (experience preferred but not required, must be willing to train)
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Records Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued no later than 90 days preceding start date
How to Apply
Submit your cover letter and resume to Marilyne Jones, Supervisor; Aquatics at email@example.com.