Join Our Team
Are you looking to use your skills and unique gifts to make a real difference in your community? At the Y, you will be part of a diverse team whose shared vision is to build vibrant communities where everyone can shine.
The YMCA offers meaningful work, volunteer and co-op opportunities where you will find a fun, supportive work environment, opportunities to develop your skills and to be a part of something bigger.
We are on a mission to enhance the well-being of individuals, families and our community. Our staff and volunteers care deeply about our community and the work we do.
If your values match those of the Y, you care about people, and want to make a difference in your community, the YMCA is the place for you.
Whether you are starting out in your career or a seasoned professional, you will find many exciting opportunities to achieve your personal and career goals. Some of the benefits of working for the Y include:
- Being part of a stable organization that has been serving our communities since 1877
- A diverse and socially-inclusive environment
- Meaningful work that impacts the lives of individuals and families, while improving the overall health of our communities
- Lifelong learning including training and leadership opportunities to support your growth
- Diverse opportunities within one organization
- Comprehensive benefits to support your overall health
We are diligent about hiring people who are qualified for our jobs and committed to helping us fulfill our mission.
We are committed to providing a socially inclusive and barrier-free experience in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Here are some ways we will evaluate your job application:
- Performing an objective assessment of your skills, qualifications, and experience against the job
- Reviewing your YMCA Employment/Volunteer Application Form along with your resume and cover letter
- Conducting formal interviews
- Conducting thorough reference checks and carefully checking credentials
- Asking you to submit a Police Records Check after the extension of an offer letter as a condition of your employment
Whether you’re a student, a retiree, or somewhere in between, the volunteering possibilities are almost endless because of the breadth and scope of our programming.
- Give back to your community
- Gain valuable experience
- Meet people who share your interest sand values
- Enhance your leadership skills
- Share your knowledge and life lessons with members of your community
Volunteer opportunities may be available in the following department areas:
- Child Care
- Customer Service
- Youth & Recreation
- Summer Camp
If you are interested in volunteering at our YMCA please complete the Employment/Volunteer Application Form (below) and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of our Customer Service Team will connect your application with the YMCA Supervisor responsible for your area of interest. You will be contacted if they have current volunteer opportunities available.
There is a minimum age requirement of 12 years old.
Are you a high school student looking for a fun place to complete your 40 hours? Volunteer with us! High school students are welcome in any of the roles above at our YMCA. Apply today using the same method listed above and indicate that you are a student. Training is provided and counts towards your volunteer hours. While you give back to the community, you’ll pick up lots of transferable skills that will help you in the coming years. Although you are only required to complete 40 hours, we’re hoping you will enjoy volunteering with us so much, you decide to stay longer!
We have opportunities in a number of departments for high school and college co-op placements. You are guaranteed to leave with solid, hands-on experience that will help you in whatever you choose to take on next.
If you are interested in a co-op placement at our YMCA please complete the Employment/Volunteer Application Form (below) and submit to email@example.com. A member of our Customer Service Team will connect your application with the YMCA Supervisor responsible for your area of interest. You will be contacted by if they have current opportunities available.
- Customer Service Representative – Full-Time
- Customer Service Representative – Part-Time
- Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
- 2 Child Care Teachers – Port Elgin Early Learning Centre
- Summer Day Camp Assistant Directors
- Summer Day Camp Junior Leaders
- Summer Day Camp Senior Leaders
- Child Care Cooks – Port Elgin, Kincardine & Ripley Early Learning Child Card Centres
- Summer Senior Day Camp Counsellors – Hanover & Port Elgin
- Child Care Enhancement Worker
- Before & After School Teachers
All YMCA positions require the submission of an Employment/Volunteer Application Form (below) along with your resume and cover letter.