The YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce is open to all members of our community.
As a charity, it is our goal to ensure that our programs and services are accessible to everyone, no matter what their financial circumstances.
YMCA Membership Assistance Program
Individuals and families may apply for financial assistance in order to participate in YMCA programs and services that they could otherwise not afford. The program is available to people of all ages. Each month, our YMCA supports more than 500 people through this program.
How to Apply
- Apply in-person at the Welcome Desk with all applicable required documents (see below). Subsidy Application Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Once the membership amount is approved and agreed upon, you will be asked to bring in the initial payment and a void cheque to start your membership, receive your fitness orientation, and get started on a new journey!
To apply for an assisted membership please bring all of the following documents that apply to your personal situation.
- Photo ID
- Void cheque or pre-authorized payment form
- Current total monthly household income information for adults providing household income (recent paystubs/ODSP/EI/CPP/OAS/Canada Child Benefit/WSIB/Child Support/Alimony/Rental Income)
- Most recent Canada Child Benefit statement
- If family does not receive Canada Child Benefit, most recent Notice of Assessment for all adults providing household income
Other Financial Assistance Programs
This program is funded in part by the County of Grey
- Reside in Grey County
- Family earnings of less than $55,000.00
- Have children under the age of 18 residing with you on a regular basis
Request for Recreation Subsidy
Through the Community Initiatives Funding program, eligible candidates may request subsidy for recreation activities (sports, art, music or drama programs, swimming lessons, camps, and fitness memberships). Please apply for Recreation Subsidy well in advance. Depending on available funds, the maximum subsidy available is:
- $350.00 per child per calendar year for families with a gross income less than $25,000 per year
- $300.00 per child per calendar year for families with a gross income of $25,000 – $30,000 per year
- $250.00 per child per calendar year for families with a gross income of $30,000 – $35,000 per year
- $200.00 per child per calendar year for families with a gross income of $35,000 – $55,000 per year
Applicants are responsible for paying the activity provider 10% (but no less than $10.00) of the total registration fee.
For more information, contact:
Coordinator; Community Initiatives Funding
519-376-0484 ext. 227
- YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce is a charity and through the generosity of our YMCA Strong Kids Campaign donors we can provide up to one week Day Camp Experience for children who would not normally be able to afford this opportunity
- Proof of income is required, along with other documents that apply to your personal situation, in order to assess the percentage of camp fees that will be paid
- Please apply or ask for more information at our Welcome Desk
Camp Presqu’ile Subsidy
Grey County/Bruce County Subsidy
- Families who qualify for government child care subsidy from their local municipality may be eligible to use this subsidy to attend YMCA Day Camp
- The camp fee you pay is based on your daily approved rate
- You can apply for this subsidy by contacting Grey County Children’s Services at 519-376-7324 or Bruce County Children’s Services at 1-800-265-3005
- County subsidy does not cover the additional fee applicable on specialty days. This is for children that are born in 2013 or prior.
No parent should have to struggle to ensure their child is safe and cared for while they can’t be with them.
Subsidized child care spaces are available at each of the YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce Child Care locations. Subsidy is provided to eligible families through Bruce and Grey County Children’s Services. Please contact Children’s Services in your county to discuss eligibility and apply for support.
|Grey County||Children’s Services|