Housing Services

Service Update: Effective Wednesday September 21, 2022, YMCA Housing Services provide housing support in Bruce County. For support in Grey County, please call 211.

If you are a youth (ages 16-24) in need of housing support in Bruce or Grey County, contact our YMCA Youth In Transition team at 519-371-9230.

YMCA Housing Services works to prevent, address and reduce homelessness in our community.

In partnership with Bruce County Housing, the YMCA provides specific homelessness services throughout Bruce County. The Rural Homelessness Outreach Program assists people in need of emergency shelter, provides advocacy, and assists in connecting individuals experiencing homelessness with a variety of preferred services and housing options through intensive and individualized case planning.

YMCA Housing Services also works with landlords to build a network of communication and understanding that leads to maintaining long-term sustainable housing. We provide a variety of assistance to landlords and tenants throughout Bruce County, learn more about our services below.

Our first priority is ensuring you are safe and have access to basic needs. If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness contact a YMCA Housing Outreach Worker. We will assist in connecting you to a safe place to stay for the night and work with you to create an action plan to find and maintain long-term sustainable housing.

If you know of someone who is living unsheltered, please encourage them to call, or contact us so we can attempt to reach out to them.

YMCA Housing Services
519-371-9230 ext. 5
Email: housing@osgb.ymca.ca
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:30AM-4:30PM

Or call 211 to be referred to the most appropriate supports 24hrs/day 7 days/week

There are a variety of programs available to individuals with low or no income to provide financial assistance to help with basic needs.

YMCA Housing Outreach Workers are knowledgeable in these programs and will work with you to determine which types of financial assistance you should apply for and help you complete your applications.

Programs may include:

  • Ontario Electricity Support Program
  • Ontario Works
  • Ontario Disability Support Program
  • LEAP
  • Other programs to assist with rental arrears, and home ownership

If you require assistance to complete your application for the Ontario Electricity Support Program call 519-371-9230 to book an appointment.

Suitable and affordable housing is in high demand and short supply. Tenants and landlords are encouraged to understand their rights and responsibilities.

If you are having difficulty communicating with your landlord or tenant a YMCA Housing Outreach Worker may be able to assist by providing third party mediation. The goal of mediation is to promote problem solving, clear communication and find solutions that work for both the landlord and the tenant.

Contact Us:

To connect with a Housing Outreach Worker
Call: 519-371-9230 ext. 5
Email: housing@osgb.ymca.ca

Tenant Resources

The following worksheets and sample letters can help you from the beginning of your rental search to the end of your tenancy.

Sample Letters and Worksheets

View our series of Tenant Voices on YouTube, which includes information and discussion from tenants in Grey Bruce.

Landlord Resources

View our series of Landlord Voices on YouTube, which includes information and discussion from landlords in Grey Bruce.

Scroll to Top
Man making heart sign over his heart

Join the
YMCA Family!

Our emails keep you up to date on YMCA Health, Fitness & Aquatics news, events, and programs.

* indicates required
/ ( mm / dd )
Interests (please check all that apply)
Skip to content