The YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce is committed to building healthy communities. In keeping with the government’s vaccination requirement for specific settings, and to ensure the health and safety of our staff, members, visitors, and community members, we will be following the government’s mandate and asking applicable individuals accessing our facility to provide proof of vaccination.
- Individuals to access the YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce are required to provide proof of vaccination commencing September 22, 2021. Members and visitors must bring proof of being fully vaccinated via vaccination receipt as provided by an appropriate health authority (i.e. the Ontario Ministry of Health).
- The YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce will not be retaining proof of vaccination receipts. We are working on a process to have verification of vaccination added to your membership card; this will be noted by “meets entrance requirements.” The YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce will not be retaining proof of vaccination receipts.
- Parents and guardians must meet vaccination requirements to access the facility, including to assist children requiring adult accompaniment (i.e. swim lessons). Parents and guardians that are unable to provide proof of vaccination will not be permitted in the YMCA. To avoid inconvenience and disappointment, please ensure an individual that meets vaccination requirements accompanies your child.
- Individuals that are exempt from vaccination based on grounds covered by the Ontario Human Rights Code are asked to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before attending the facility.
- We are in process of developing a vaccination policy related to YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce staff working at the Health, Fitness & Aquatics facility and will be communicating our policy with our members upon finalization and communication to staff.
If you have concerns with the Ontario government’s vaccination requirements for certain businesses and settings coming into effect September 22, 2021, please address these with the appropriate parties (i.e., your local Member of Provincial Parliament, the Ontario Ministry of Health, etc.).
Abuse of any kind towards members of our staff will not be tolerated and will result in membership privileges being suspended.
The YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce is a shared experience for everyone to enjoy. Each of us can make it better for all by being considerate to others. YMCA members, staff, participants, guests, and volunteers pledge to treat one another with respect and dignity. The YMCA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to suspend or refuse services for inappropriate behaviour.
Learn more about our Vaccine Requirement Policy on our COVID-19 Information page.