Gift of Securities
Donations of publicly listed securities are exempt from the capital gains tax, making this one of the most attractive ways to support your YMCA.
These are gifts made by donating appreciated stocks, bonds and mutual funds and receiving a charitable tax receipt for the full value of the securities and you are NOT taxed on any gain. Recent changes to tax law have made this a very effective strategy for giving. Learn more about charitable tax credits here.
Here are the 3 simple steps to donate Gifts of Securities to the YMCA:
- Consult your financial advisor to discuss your personal financial and tax situation and to determine which investments will make the most philanthropic and financial impact for you.
- Complete this Gifts or Publicly Listed Securities Authorization Form that includes the correct transfer information for your gift and instruct your broker to transfer your securities.
- In order to facilitate the transfer and ensure you receive your official tax receipt, please return a copy of the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advantage of Donating Securities
- A charitable tax receipt
- No capital gains tax paid
- A direct impact on the health and wellness of your community by supporting the YMCA
- You give more to the charity you care about
- Recognition on our donor plaque
Whether you decide to gift securities, make a pledge on your membership, donate cash, or set up a monthly gift, your donation will have a great impact on your community.