The challenges we’ve faced this past year with lockdowns, working from home and social isolation have driven us online more than ever before. Our online presence and tools have become very important in reaching and communicating with our members and the public. For this reason, we have been working hard to make some changes and improvements to our website to serve you better!
At first glance you’ll notice the look and feel of our website is modern, clean and more in line with YMCA branding. There are also some important updates to the functionality that we hope you find helpful! These include:
- Improved navigation:
- General information about our YMCA including About Us, Contacts, How to Get Involved, Donations, and our online booking portal, ACTIVE Net, can all be found in the first row of navigation.
- All services and programs can be found in the second row of navigation. Hover over a department to find links to our services and programs, or helpful shortcuts to our social media and online tools.
- Job Board:
- We have a new and improved Job Board! New search and filter tools will help job seekers navigate through local opportunities. Employers can still add an account to list their jobs for free using our Post a Job page.
- Donations are easy using an online form built directly into our website via Canada Helps. Donate online without leaving our website!
- Education & Training:
- All of our courses, certifications, tutorials, workshops and presentations are now conveniently located on one page – Education & Training. Use the search tools to browse offered courses or find a specific course offered by any department at the YMCA.
- Timely news is featured at the top of our home page. Find out quickly what’s going on at the Y by visiting our website often or follow us on social media for updates.
- We now have a dedicated page for COVID-19 information. All current safety protocols, restrictions and updates will be posted to this page.
- We have a blog! We’re proud of our staff and we’d like to share their expertise with you on topics surrounding Health, Fitness and Aquatics, Child Care, Camps, Employment, Community Initiatives, and Settlement. Blogs will be posted at least monthly and shared to our social media channels.
We will continue to update and improve our online presence to serve you better. If you have suggestions, comments or ideas for our new website, please email email@example.com.