Earlier this morning our government announced Province-wide restrictions affecting gyms and recreational facilities. Unfortunately, our Health, Fitness and Aquatics facility is required to temporarily close starting Wednesday, January 5, 2022, and this is expected to last for at least 21 days, until January 26, 2022.
We are responding differently to this shutdown than we have in the past. Please read carefully to find out how.
What does this shutdown mean for you?
- Your membership fees will remain active, unless you choose to put your membership on hold.
- We will continue to offer virtual programming through Y@Home+, including:
- 100+ live fitness classes per month including Yoga, Arriba, Barre, TotalFit, Bootcamp and more!
- Hundreds of on-demand fitness videos for all fitness levels whether you’re just starting out or you’re a fitness pro. Plus, meditation and mindfulness.
- Numerous interactive activities for children and youth.
- An inclusive and active community from the comfort of your home to motivate you!
- New in January! EatPlantJoy…healthy, nutritious, and stress-free meal planning in 2022 with Dr. Sarah Lucas, MD.
How can I sign up for Y@HOME+?
- Visit YMCAHome.ca/member
- Click on Create an Account
- Enter your $0 DISCOUNT CODE: Request code through Active Net or email us at email@example.com and ask for our member code
- Questions about the platform? Visit FAQ page at ymcahome.ca/faq or ymcahome.ca/contact
- Please Note: To participate in virtual programming your membership fees must be active. You cannot participate in virtual programming while on hold.
How can I put my membership on hold?
We will not be placing your membership on hold automatically.
You can place your membership on hold for 21 days via the form below. Holds will be in effect until the provincial order requiring our facility to be closed is lifted at which time membership fees will automatically recommence.
Please Note: Your hold may not line up exactly to when your most recent payment has been taken, but your hold will take effect immediately and your account will be automatically credited from the date of your hold.
If you have any question or need support with your membership, please contact us via any method below:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 519-376-0484 (Please leave a message and be patient as we respond as quickly as possible)
We are in this together, and we are looking forward to continuing to be here for you, even when we can’t see you in person.
As always, we will continue to share updates with you throughout this shutdown via our website and social media accounts. We are here for good!
How can I continue to support the YMCA?
As always, your continued financial support through continuation of your membership fees during the temporary closure and/or donations is greatly appreciated and enables us to find new ways to support our communities during the pandemic.
Due to challenges from the current shutdown, it would be very helpful for donations to be made on our website.
Our community needs our YMCA, and our YMCA needs our community. Thank you for your continued support!
QR Codes for Vaccine Status
We still require members and visitors to show their vaccine passport with QR code tomorrow, January 4. This will be noted on your membership so you will not have to provide it again when we reopen. If you will not be at the facility before we close, you can wait until your next visit to show your vaccine passport with QR code.
Thank you to our members who registered for Winter programs. Unfortunately, the closure of our facility means that we must postpone the start of swim lessons, youth awareness courses, Kung Fu, Aquatic Certifications and other registered programs. Staff will continue to monitor the situation and will share updates with members as soon as possible.
First Aid/CPR-AED courses will continue operating. Please email email@example.com for information on upcoming courses.
Emergency Child Care will be available for frontline working parents with school age children who qualify through the appropriate County Childrens Services. Once we receive County approval, we will forward families a link to register. More information will be emailed to our school age families.
Housing, Justice, Settlement and Employment Services
Community Initiatives and Employment Services will remain open, with virtual and face-to-face support available. As we are operating both in-person and virtual supports, please call ahead to ensure you can access the services needed. If you are unable to call ahead and need to drop-in, please be aware that COVID-19 screening is in place and masks are required and can be provided.
Individuals requiring services may contact staff via the following methods:
- Community Initiatives: 519-371-9222 Ext 5
- Settlement Services: 519-371-9222 Ext 6
- Employment Services: 519-371-9222 Ext 6 (Owen Sound) or 519-364-3163 (Hanover)