Dear YMCA Members and Friends,
As the holidays approach we want to wish each and every one of you a safe, happy and healthy December! Below you’ll find our Holiday Schedule, important reminders, our most recent Blog, and details about Owen Sound’s New Years Family Celebration!
Schedule Changes: December 15-17
To accommodate staff holidays, the following activities have changed:
Wednesday, December 15:
- Stay and Play is cancelled from 11:45AM-1:00PM
- Active Kids has changed to Family Fun: Gym from 3:30-4:45PM
Thursday, December 16:
- Active Kids has changed to Family Fun: Gym from 3:30-5:50PM
Friday, December 17:
- Kid Zone has changed to Hoops Shoot Around from 5:30-7:30PM
Holiday Schedule: December 20-January 2
Please see our interim Holiday Schedule that runs from December 20 until January 2. Programs and activities can be booked starting on December 13. While some programming is reduced during this period, you’ll also see increased family activities in the pool and gym to enjoy over the holiday season!
Our Y will be closed on the below dates and times to give our staff time to enjoy the holidays with their families. Thank you for your kindness and understanding! We encourage members to check out Y@HOME+ for live classes and on-demand workouts to try at home during this time. Y@HOME+ is FREE with membership! Sign-up today
- Closed December 24-27, 2021
- Closed December 31, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
- Closed Saturday, January 1, 2022
- With wetter and colder weather upon us, please remember to bring indoor-only shoes with you to use in the Fitness Centre. If you need to step outside during your visit, please swap out your shoes before stepping outside. Thank you for helping us keep our facility clean and tidy!
- Please remember that kids under the age of ten must be accompanied by a parent at the Y. If your child is taking part in an activity without you, please remain in the building and ensure we have your contact information on file.
- Masks continue to be required at all times in our facility unless engaging in high intensity exercise. Please note that children over the age of 2 require a face covering, including during Family Fun in the gymnasium.
12 Days of Fitness is here!
Not a member yet? You can enjoy all the Y has to offer this holiday season! Sign up for our FREE 12-Day trial and experience all our member benefits! Visit ymcaowensound.on.ca/12-day-trial for details and terms and conditions.
Finding Balance with Food During the Holidays
For some, the idea of holiday treats and feasts is a source of stress and anxiety. This year we encourage you to find a way to have it all — good health, a healthy weight and enjoyment in all the holidays have to offer! Learn more about finding balance in our blog this month.
Give the Gift of Health!
Give your loved ones the Gift of Health from the YMCA this holiday season! 🎁 Use gift cards towards membership fees, personal training, day passes, towel service, Stay N’Play babysitting, Y merchandise, certification courses, and more! Purchase gift cards for the YMCA here.
THANK YOU to everyone that generously donated on #GivingTuesday this year! Your gifts help ensure that our Y is here to stay, more caring and connected than before.
Donations are greatly appreciated any time of year. You can make a one-time donation or set up a monthly gift on our website: ymcaowensound.on.ca/donate