The government of Ontario recently announced their approach for exiting Modified Step 2 of the “Roadmap to Reopen”, starting January 31.
What does this mean for your Y?
- Our Health, Fitness, and Aquatics facility will reopen on January 31.
- Members that placed their membership on hold for the duration of this recent closure will have their membership automatically reactivated on January 31.
- Members that placed their membership on an extended hold will continue to have their membership held until their specified reactivation date.
- We will continue to offer virtual programming through Y@Home+ for active members.
Important reminders for your return:
- As mandated by the Government of Ontario; to access the YMCA’s facilities members and guests 12 years of age or older are required to show their vaccine passport with QR code to be scanned with the Verify Ontario app. If you presented your QR code on January 4th prior to the closure, it will be tagged on your membership and you do not need to show it again.
- A QR code vaccine passport is required, including from those who received vaccination out of Province or those taking part in a clinical trial. Please contact the Ministry of Health for details.
- Registration for registered programs is available through Active Net. Members who placed their membership on hold will be able to register on January 31st at 12:00AM midnight. Members who did not place their membership on hold are able to register beginning at 7:00AM on Tuesday, January 25.
- Masks must be worn at all times while in the facility except when actively engaged in high-intensity physical activity. Masks must be worn during activities where physical distancing with others does not occur (i.e. Pickleball, Hoops Shoot Around)
- Please continue to maintain a two meter distance from others.
- When possible, members are asked to arrive ready for their workout. Please keep time in the changerooms to a minimum to avoid overcrowding.
- We will continue to maintain enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols.
Please watch for another post this week with details on programs, schedules, swim lessons, and more.
Thank you for your continued support of our YMCA. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!