Please note the following maintenance schedule:
- Pool and Fitness centre closed following the Triathlon on August 26, 2023 – September 4, 2023.
- Fitness centre only open September 5, 2023 – September 10, 2023
- Pool and Fitness centre open September 11, 2023
Annual Facility Shutdown (explained in your Membership agreement, the relevant section can be viewed below) will take place beginning August 26th 2023 to September 4th 2023 inclusive for the entire facility, with an extended pool closure that is expected to end on September 10th 2023. While we understand that temporary closures can be inconvenient, we believe that this is a necessary step to ensure the continued health, safety and enjoyment of our YMCA community.
Facility Maintenance Closure (August 26th to September 4th inclusive, reopening September 5th): The primary purpose of this Annual Facility Shutdown is to conduct a thorough deep cleaning and disinfection of our entire facility, including all equipment, as well as a refinishing of the gym floor. In addition to this, we will be completing replacement of all lights in the facility with LED fixtures, which will make our facility much more energy efficient and will also reduce our environmental footprint. As we strive to maintain a healthy and safe environment for everyone, this intensive cleaning and upgrades will help us meet and exceed the highest standards of cleanliness and facility efficiency. Your health and safety remain our top priority.
Pool Closure (August 26th to September 10th inclusive, reopening September 11th): In addition to the facility maintenance noted above, we will also be addressing the required refurbishment of our pools. Our pools are a cherished part of our YMCA community, and this total refurbishment is critical to ensure the longevity and safety of our pools for years to come. We understand that the pools are a valuable resource for our members, and we want to maintain it in the best possible condition for your health and safety.
Ways to Keep Active During this Temporary Facility/Pool Closure:
- Included in your Membership, FREE Y@Home+ virtual workouts and Live Fitness programs. Plus, lots of more free resources!
- Explore the outdoors with local Grey & Bruce trails. Check out Explore The Bruce and Visit Grey websites for more information.
- Tour all the different Waterfalls – Waterfall Tour Guide
- Looking to walk or run? Use the outdoor track next to the YMCA free of charge.
- Swimmers can use Harrison Park in Owen Sound and The Blue Dolphin Pool in Meaford. Check the links to view their schedules.
- Cyclists can enjoy one of the several trails or bike loops. Try Ontario By Bike
We understand the impact this will likely have on your routines, and we sincerely apologize in advance for any inconvenience. We are committed to working efficiently to complete the cleaning and repair work so that we can reopen our doors to you as soon as possible.
Please stay tuned for updates on our reopening date for the pools and any additional information regarding this facility shutdown. We will keep you informed through our website, social media channels, and email communications.
We appreciate your understanding and support as we take these proactive steps to enhance the quality and safety of our YMCA facility. Thank you for being a valued member of our community, and we look forward to welcoming you back to a healthy and safe environment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to our customer service team at email@example.com.
Membership Agreement – Refund Policy:
Temporary interruptions in services or access to specific areas or equipment within the facility may be necessary to ensure proper maintenance. Membership and Program fee adjustments shall not apply due to maintenance, repair, or refurbishment by the YMCA or for program cancelled or facilities closed due to inclement weather.