2012 Autumn Colours Run
Thank you to all our participants, volunteers, donors and sponsors for a successful Autumn Colours Run!
Sixty nine participants braved the windy and cold conditions in support of the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign. The YMCA Strong Kids Campaign helps to ensure that all people in Grey and Bruce can access YMCA programs and services. Together, your raised over $1,800 in support of the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign. Learn more about the campaign.
Congratulations to our Top Fundraiser Priya Chaddah for her fantastic efforts in collecting pledges and spreading the word about the importance of the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign.
An honourable mention goes out to the Desboro Dodgers for their awesome team spirit - your energy was a welcomed addition to the day!
Thank You Sponsors
- Spring Creek Costumes for supplying our Road Runner mascot costume. A local resource for all of your costuming needs, from special events to birthday parties, to theatrical performances. Over 500 unique costumes available
- Pizza Hut Owen Sound for providing the post-run lunch. Pizza Hut's 5 Bucks, 5 Bucks, 5 Bucks deal is back - check it out!
- The Runner's Den for donating prizes. The Runner's Den is your local resource for all things running - shoes, accessories, clothing, clinics and more!
- The Water Store for providing water stations along the run routes. The Water Store is home to in-store Water Treatment equipment that is state-of-the-art, for both residential and commercial use.
- King's Buffet for donating cupcakes and lunch! Open 365 days a year, you are bound to find something for everyone in the family to enjoy!
Thank you to all the kids who came out in their fantastic Halloween costumes – great work on the 1km run!
5km Power Walk (Female)
1st Phyllis Lovell
2nd Lisa Garrett
3rd Susan McCartney
5km Run (Female)
1st Krista Linthorne
2nd Julia Latham
3rd Heather Greenaway
5km Run (Male)
1st Dave White
2nd Tin Vo
3rd Cem Tuncbilek
10km Run (Female)
1st Erin Williams
2nd Colleen Ouwendyk
3rd Jodi Dawson
10km Run (Male)
1st Rob Vanderwerf
2nd Greg Nicol
3rd Bill Bishop
In Support of the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign
Proceeds support the YMCA Strong Kids Campaign which helps to ensure that financial circumstance is never a barrier to participation in Family Y programs and services. All funds remain in Grey and Bruce counties, supporting local children, families and adults.