Position Title: Rural Homelessness Outreach
Department: Community Initiatives
Worksite Location: Saugeen Shores / Bruce County (travel required)
Position Type: Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: Wages commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application Deadline: November 12, 2023
Application Process: Email resume, cover letter and YMCA Employment/Volunteer Application Form to:
Please include “Rural Homelessness Outreach Applicant” in the subject line of your email.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
In partnership with the Municipality of Bruce County, the YMCA is looking for energetic, positive and passionate person to provide rural homelessness outreach across Bruce County. Focusing on individualized outreach with people experiencing homelessness, staff will provide initial engagement and transitional support, offering safe alternatives and evaluating immediate and root causes contributing to individual homelessness. Working alongside people experiencing homelessness and developing a trusting relationship that encourages individuals to maximize the services available to them.
You are an open minded, respectful and welcoming person. You work with a person-centered approach and have experience with direct outreach provision with a trauma informed lens. You are a fun, hardworking individual who believes in housing as a human right! You love your work and the difference you make, advocating for individuals in need of hope!
Through a collaborative homelessness planning role, the Rural Homelessness Outreach staff will:
- Coordinate emergency housing supports for individuals and families who are in crisis
- Coordinate individualized plans to exit homelessness
- Attend encampments to provide targeted outreach and support
- Work closely with other organizations to coordinate supports to assist with housing stability
- Provide on-going assistance to clients to support housing retention
- Liaise with landlords and room providers to secure and maintain both temporary and permanent housing options throughout Grey and Bruce Counties
- Develop hopeful solutions when resilient people need it most
The YMCA’s Commitment to Trust and Safety:
As part a of trusted charitable organization, you can expect to receive excellent service and safety training throughout your YMCA career. As the first step in your journey, you will be required to:
- Confirm you are minimum 18 years of age.
- Confirm you are legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check / Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than ninety (90) days preceding your start date.
- Provide 3 professional references.
- Demonstrate your sincere interest in Homelessness Outreach by:
- Confirming Post-secondary degree/diploma in Social Services or related discipline
- Three years of experience in providing outreach services with vulnerable and resilient people
- Adaptive and creative with excellent critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of local supports and services
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and a strong team player
- Able to works with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility
- Ability to engage in clinical supervision and self-reflection
- Class G Driver’s License; able to travel throughout Grey and Bruce Counties; must have own vehicle with valid automobile insurance
Just Some of the Benefits of Working at the YMCA…
- Comprehensive and ongoing training.
- Free YMCA membership.
- Great long term and upward career opportunities.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Working with fun, passionate and dependable co-workers.
The YMCA’s Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Equality:
The YMCA of Owen Sound Grey Bruce values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.