South East Grey Community Health Centre is hiring a full time, permanent Registered Practical Nurse (RPN). The successful RPN will be a team player, a creative thinker and a skilled nurse. They will have a passion for primary care and providing the best possible care to clients of all ages and life circumstances.
South East Grey Community Health Centre is a primary health care organization with offices in Markdale, Chatsworth and Dundalk. The Centre services the South East Grey Area. We have approximately 10,000 patients rostered to Physicians and Nurse Practitioners with supports from Allied Health including: Social Work, Physiotherapy, Chiropody and Dietician Services.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services and working as part of a collaborative team, the RPN responsibilities will include:
- Perform physical assessments, triage, health education/counselling, history taking, and other clinical activities in accordance with the College of Nurses of Ontario standards and nursing practices.
- Ensure that clinical areas, resources, materials and equipment are maintained.
- Contribute to chart documentation, participate in chart reviews and case conferences and advocate on behalf of clients to appropriate clinic or community resources and partners.
- Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of care programs and services for individuals rostered to South East Grey Community Health Centre.
- Support physicians and nurse practitioners to care for clients by providing routine immunizations, health assessments including blood pressure and vitals, ECG’s and venipuncture.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Registered Practical Nurse diploma from a recognized institution.
- In good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Nursing experience in hospital or community setting; primary care experience an asset.
- Knowledge of Community resources.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications including Microsoft Office and electronic medical records (PS Suites preferred).
- Ability to work in a dynamic multi-disciplinary team environment, self-motivated, and ability to take direction and contribute to overall patient satisfaction and wellness.
Diversity and Inclusion
South East Grey Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Penny Pedlar, Director of Clinical Services at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 1st at 4pm.
We thank all applicants in advance, but regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.