(Hourly rate: as per ONA Contract)
Long Term Care-Grey Gables
The County of Grey is currently recruiting for Registered Nurses at Grey Gables in Markdale, Ontario. The successful applicants will be supporting residents as a member of the care team and actively participates in the residents’ Colour It care program.
Join us and help make a difference in healthcare! We are proud to be home to 316 residents across our three long term care communities. Our team members pride themselves in providing exemplary person-centered quality care. Our “Colour It Your Way” philosophy is our framework and foundation that guides us to ensuring our residents and team members have a positive and rewarding experience. We are looking for enthusiastic caring individuals who are dedicated and have the desire to be part of a team that enriches the lives of others. Come join us and be part of our Colour It Care Team.
- Provides for nursing care in accordance with established policy, physician’s orders, the resident plan of care and within the scope of practice of a RN.
- Utilizing sound nursing practice principles, the RN will ensure delivery of excellent nursing and personal care on the assigned home area(s).
- Primary functions include assessment and planning of resident care needs; delivery of skilled procedures according to the College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Practice; medication administration; and documentation.
- Provide professional nursing care to residents and supervise care given by Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) and Personal Support Workers (PSW).
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Must be available for shift work, including weekends and holidays
- Must possess current Registration with the College of Nurse of Ontario.
- Experience in rehabilitation or long-term nursing preferred.
- Proficiency in interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A caring and empathetic attitude is crucial.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management.
- Proficiency with WORD, email, internet use and computerized documentation.
- Current Criminal Records Check
- COVID-19 Immunization or valid Medical Exemption
- Current Tuberculosis Test
Information for Interested Candidates
A detailed job description and instructions on how to apply are available on the County’s website, www.grey.ca/careers
NOTE: Proof of COVID-19 full immunization or proof of valid medical exemption is a requirement of employment at Grey County.
Long Term Care Recruitment
The County of Grey Long Term Care Department
595 9th Ave. E.,
Owen Sound, ON N4K 3E3
Fax: (519) 371-5406
(Word or Adobe)
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The County of Grey is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance
Any personal information submitted will be managed in accordance with the requirements of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used only to determine eligibility for employment.
Based on the nature of the position, pre-employment screening may be required including but not limited to; Criminal Record Searches, Financial Credit Inquiries; Educational and Credential Verification; Driver’s Abstracts; Drug/Alcohol Testing; Pre-Medical Testing and Investigative Employment References.