What is Marilynne?:
Marilynne Food Co. Ltd. is an extraordinary, farm focused, and community minded food group, focused on enriching the lives of guests, customers, and team members. It also happens to be named after our Executive Chef and Owner’s grandmother!
As a Marilynne Food Co. Ltd. team member, you commit to a team that values your work. You have an essential role in creating exceptional experiences and will be part of a team that feels like family. We believe in kindness, having fun, and being better every day.
What’s the role?
Chef de Cuisine (CDC) role
What are the rewards?
- Competitive Salary: $50,000-$60,000
- Tips: Paid out biweekly
- ‘Weekend’: We provide a 5 day work week and you will always have 2 consecutive days off
- Team culture and atmosphere: The Marilynne team brings deep experience from across the globe and province, launching successful small restaurants and operating reputable large restaurants and catering operations alike
- Creative expression: Develop weekly specials, seasonal dishes with high quality local ingredients
What do you need?
- 2+ years kitchen/back of house leadership experience
- 5 years scratch kitchen experience
- Culinary Diploma or Red Seal certification
- Current Safe Food Handlers Certificate
What would be involved?
The CDC role requires you to lead by example as an experienced chef, ensuring the quality and consistency of all products served, such as:
- Lead and execute meal preparation, catering and cafe operations
- Ensure the highest quality of food leaves the kitchen
- Assist in hiring, training and mentoring kitchen staff and act as a leader and resource to them
- Coach, teach, counsel, recognize and assist in developing and evaluating the kitchen team
- Ensure compliance with public health regulations and directives
- Sourcing, ordering, and managing ingredients and inventory
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of kitchen
- Menu development, standardization, and execution
- Proper downsizing and labelling of all products
- Managing food costs and minimizing waste
- Strict adherence to health and safety procedures as per the Company policy