Love, laughter and growth; at our Child Care locations your little one takes part in programs that provide individual attention and warm encouragement.
Our dedicated child care staff provide children with the support they need to make a seamless transition into full-day Kindergarten. We partner with parents to support their child’s development and provide families with the security of knowing that their child is in a safe and nurturing environment during these formative years. With locations in Owen Sound, Hanover, Port Elgin, Kincardine and Ripley, our Child Care Centres are in communities across Grey Bruce.
- Designed for children 12 months to 4 years (children 12+ months must be able to walk, feed themselves, drink from a cup, and sleep on a cot)
- Program follows the our YMCA Playing to Learn™ Curriculum
- Flexible choice of days including full-day and half-day options
- Regular field trips, physical activity, games and outdoor play
- Nutritious lunches and snacks
- Children are actively engaged in small groups with Registered Early Childhood Educators to create program plans based on children’s interests
- Daily logs of your child’s day posted on our Weemarkable app, including what they learned, what they ate, length of their sleep, etc.
Promoting health, safety, nutrition and well being:
- Safe supervision of children
- Child Protection procedures and training
- Sanitation and disinfection procedures
- Menu planning following Canada Food Guide
- Communicable disease prevention
- Emergency procedures
- Safe Food Handling training
- Standard First Aid and CPR training
- WHMIS and Health & Safety training
- Accessibility for Ontarios with Disabilities Act (AODA) training
Learn more by reviewing our Parent Handbook below.
YMCA Playing to Learn™ Curriculum
Here to help your little one discover the world through play and imagination, our YMCA Playing to Learn™ Curriculum offers kids an opportunity to develop their confidence, self-direction and self-regulation. Using play as the primary learning medium, children are introduced to literacy, numeracy, arts, science, and more, while in our care to ensure a smooth transition into primary school.
The window into your little one’s day – from wherever you are!
Today’s families are busier than ever. We’re making it easier for our YMCA Child Care families to connect to the small moments and big milestones of their child’s day, through our YMCA app, Weemarkable™. It keeps your mind at ease and helps you share in the fun your child has throughout the day, with messages and photos, access to important child care notices, educator observations, milestones, menu information and direct to educator messaging.
All at just a tap. And most importantly, even when you can’t be with them, it’s Weemarkable™ how connected you’ll be.