Feb 21, 2020
Apr 3, 2020
Full-Time Student May 4 to August 28 2020
Natural & Applied Science
$ 18-25 per hour
Wage commensurate with experience
Hours per Week:
How to Apply: Info@AviaNG.ca
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Info@AviaNG.ca. Avia NG is committed to providing equal opportunity to candidates of all abilities. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes opportunities for professional development. Hourly wage will be commensurate with experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Avia NG; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Avia NG Inc.
Avia NG is an airport consulting firm specializing in airport planning, design, contract administration and construction supervision services for airport infrastructure projects. We operate from four (4) Canadian-based offices located in Kitchener, Calgary, Toronto and Southampton (Ontario) and serve airports, government and private clients throughout Canada and the Caribbean. We are currently seeking one (1) civil engineering technologist or civil engineering student.
- Work with Professional Engineers and Project Managers in the planning, design and project management of airfield infrastructure projects for private airports, regional and international airports by applying principles of civil engineering. Specific tasks include design of new runways, taxiways, aprons, airside service roads, approach lighting systems, airside commercial developments including site servicing, grading, earthworks, stormwater management and deicing facilities.
- Assist in the development and preparation of figures, design drawings, specifications, calculations, cost estimates, quantity take-offs, technical reports, etc.
- Enhance knowledge of airport design and requirements of reviewing agencies such as NAV CANADA, Transport Canada, Airport Authorities, Municipalities, etc.
- Assist with or be responsible for Construction Inspection at project sites and evaluate contractor work to determine compliance with Contract Documents.
- Assist in Planning and conducting site visits and topographic surveys.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
This position may require periodic travel within Canada and all candidates are expected to have a valid drivers license.
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
• Enrolled in a Civil Engineering Technology Program or Civil Engineering Program
Other Job Requirements:
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
• Strong communication and report writing skills and ability to prioritize/manage multiple project timelines.
• Demonstrated experience with the MS Office suite of programs (MS Word, Excel, Outlook). AutoCAD Civil3d experience would be considered an asset.
• An interest in aviation/airports.
• Some experience in the field assisting with surveying and/or construction inspection considered an asset
In process of obtaining CET or BSc/BASc
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD