Feb 5, 2020
Jun 30, 2020
Full-Time Seasonal/Contract Summer Seasonal Part Time or Full Time
Art, culture, recreation & sport
$ 13.15 to 15 per hour
Hours per Week:
How to Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on this link to being the application process. An initial video application will be recorded. If you do not have access to a mobile device or computer with a camera, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Ascent Aerial Park Staff - Sauble Beach
Gardhouse Enterprises Inc.
Individuals filling Park Staff positions will mainly be responsible for the supervision of guests participating in our aerial attractions, assisting with safety equipment fitting, and facilitation of our educational programming (training provided). Park Staff must be physically capable of spending full days on our aerial attractions where they will assist participants with technical skills and encourage them to challenge themselves physically and mentally. These individuals must be outgoing and interested in helping guests reach their potential. Park Staff will uphold Ascent’s philosophy surrounding the promotion of sustainable recreation best-practices and green tourism – especially on the Bruce Peninsula and in Sauble Beach.
Ascent Aerial Park prides itself on being one of the many sustainable options for recreation on the Bruce Peninsula - with carbon neutral footprint and no consumables. We provide a platform for families to take part in an activity promoting outdoor amusement in a way that has no negative impact on the environment. Education and dissemination of information promoting local, sustainable, and environmentally friendly recreation is an important part of our business’ philosophy; individuals applying for this position should share these values.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervise participants on high ropes, climbing wall, jump experience, and zip coaster (public guests and private educational groups)
- Execute duties with the utmost care and respect for safety
- Assist participants with harnessing and ground school
- Assist management in the facilitation of educational programming
- Promote eco-friendly recreation and sustainable tourism
- Participate in ongoing training and skill development
Qualifications and Eligibility
- Applicant must be registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intends to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year (in or outside of Canada)
- Enrollment in a post-secondary program related to the job is an asset (ie. Outdoor Leadership/Education, Recreation and Leisure, Science/Environment, Psychology)
- Experience and knowledge of local sustainable recreation/tourism options is essential
- Must be able to communicate effectively with diverse populations of participants (children, ESL, those who identify as neurodiverse, etc.)
- Leadership experience considered a strong asset
- Must be physically capable of completing our aerial attractions and comfortable spending the majority (~90%) of their workday outdoors
- Applicants must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
Ascent Aerial Park is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
Candidates must be comfortable working at heights,
Other Job Requirements:
If you are ENERGETIC, AMBITOUS, and LOVE being outdoors, we would love for you to join our team. Experience an asset. Candidates should posses a standard first aid and CPR certificate. Successful candidates may trained in ropes course operations and emergency rescue equipment/procedures.
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD