Oct 20, 2019
Nov 20, 2019
$ 23.07 per hour
Starting wages listed
How to Apply:
Send resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Barbara by mail:
80 Main Street
Lion's Head, ON N0H 1W0
80 Main Street , Lion's Head ON N0H 1W0
Registered Practical Nurse - SIGNING BONUS!
Golden Dawn Senior Citizen Home
About the Job:
The Golden Dawn Senior Citizen Home is accepting applications for Registered Practical Nurses. Applications are reviewed on an ongoing based and assessed based on departmental vacancies.
The successful applicant must demonstrate resident-focused care in terms of behaviour and attitude. Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, patience, flexibility and adaptability are required in this role. Computer skills are an asset.
Work With Us:
- Signing bonus - $1,000. Bonus is payable in three instalments, $250 upon hire, $250 after 450 hours and $500 after 12 months of employment.
- We focus on work life balance, guaranteed hours based on your position type and flexible hours.
- Competitive wages, benefits, dental, 100% drug coverage and pension plan based on class (FT) of position. (PT & Casual are paid in lieu.)
- We work in a family setting, in a close knit, supportive team environment.
- We promote and support long term employment opportunities.
- Applying to work with us is an easy application process.
- Assess patients to identify appropriate nursing interventions.
- Operate or monitor medical apparatus or equipment.
- Provide nursing care, monitor, assess, address, document and report symptoms and changes in patient’s conditions.
- Collaborate to plan, implement, co-ordinate and evaluate patient care.
- Dispense and administer medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician.
- Deliver immunization programs.
- Supervise licensed practical nurses and other nurse staff, as required.
Golden Dawn Senior Citizen Home is a non-profit, long-term care and senior apartment complex located in the village of Lion's Head, Ontario, part of the beautiful Bruce Peninsula. Golden Dawn Senior Citizen Home is a registered charity and licensed in with the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
The successful applicant will hold current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse as well as familiarity with current medication issuing procedures.
Knowledge of Long Term Care legislation and well developed organizational and communication skills are an asset.
Available for non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends.
Share this posting:
RETURN TO THE MAIN JOB BOARD