Summer Jobs Service
Summer Jobs Services (SJS) is a free service offered to students; it is a provincially funded program that also offers employers the opportunity to recover some of the costs associated with hiring a summer student.
Students are eligible if they are:
- 15-30 years of age
- Planning on returning to school in the fall
- Hired by a person to whom they are not related (i.e. son, daughter, spouse, brother, sister)
- Not currently working for the employer applying for the subsidy, unless working 24 hours per week or less and will be increased to 35 hours per week while participating in SJS
Employers are eligible if they:
- Are Operating and offering a job in Ontario
- Are in compliance with Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, or have equivalent insurance, and have third party liability insurance coverage
- Are not related to the student they are hiring (i.e. son, daughter, spouse, brother, sister)
- Do not hire students prior to applying for the program unless student was working 24 hours per week or less and will be increased to 35 hours per week in program
- Do not displace existing staff with students hired through the program
- Are not receiving government funds from any other program for the same student or job placement
2013 Summer Jobs Service Program information has not yet been made available. Please subscribe to our mailing list below to be contacted as applications are released.
Please note that businesses are required to apply for funding yearly and that program participation in previous years does not guarantee future funding. Please also note that being placed on the contact list does not represent a guarantee of funding or place hold funding.
Drop in or call one of our Employment Resource Centres for more information on our programs and services